HPMC is odorless, tasteless,non-toxic cellulose ethers producted from natural high molecular cellulose through series of chemical processing and achieved.It is white powder with good water solubility. It has thickening, adhesion ,dispersing, emulsifying, film, suspended, adsorption, gel, and protetive colloid properties of surface activity and maintain moisture function properties ect.
Application of HPMC
1. HPMC used for Construction industry: with good thixotropy and adhesive, so that mortar can be pumped. As binders in plaster, gypsum material, putty powder or other materials, it has the function of thixotropy and coagulation, which can improve and extend the operational time of painting. As the adhesion enhancer for bonding tiles, marble, plastic decoration, it can reduce the dosage of cement. With water retention, it makes the slurry not dry too fast and cracked, increasing the strength after hardening.
2. HPMC used for Ceramic industry: widely used as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic products.
3. HPMC used for Paint industry: as a thickening agent, dispersing agent and stabilizer in the paint industry, and have a good compatibility in water or organic solvents, also can be used in paint remover.
4. HPMC used for Slipping resistance-Due to the thickening action of cellulose ether,the slipping phenomena of mortar from substance to bound can be prevented more efficiently.
5.HPMC used for Workability-mortar plasticizing quality can be improved,which in return will improve the workability of painting and working efficiency.
6. HPMC used for Enhanced water retention-improved water retention can protect cement and plaster against poor solidification and cracking due to speedy drying and inefficient mixing with water.colloid, water retention agent and rheology modifier in different applications like water-based paints, building materials, oil field chemicals and personal care products.